SEASON THREE IS COMING SO SOON! It took a while for Stranger Things to become popular around here, but we are officially hosting an all-ages event tomorrow. AND I AM SO EXCITED.
It’s just… hosting fandom parties is my thing! And there isn’t really a big fandom at the moment? And it makes me sad. BUT TOMORROW WILL BE EPIC!
This is what we’re up to.
- First and foremost, we’re having a waffle bar! I got a ridiculous amount of frozen waffles from ALDI with all the fixin’s: whipped cream, chocolate sauce, frozen berries, syrup, mini chocolate chips, and butter. The kids are getting spoiled, and it’s still cheaper than pizza.
- Themed escape room, created by my awesome co-worker, who is somewhat of an Escape Room Artist (and super obsessed with Stranger Things).
- Watching the first episode.
- Crafts! (Waffle keychains, vintage book charms, demogorgon corner bookmarks, wallpaper bookmarks with Christmas light charms)
Some resources for you:
- flower punch for the demogorgon blossom (corner bookmark how-to); add a 1″ circle to the middle and use white pens to add lots of teeth
- book charms (see how to make book a charm for instructions)
- 1″ round waffle charms – just glue inside a bottlecap
- Living room wallpaper
- Christmas light charms
What about you? Is Stranger Things popular in your community? If so, have you planned an event? What did you do?