Have Nerdfighters invaded your library? They’ve certainly invaded mine! So for our kick-off party this summer, I hosted our own Nerdfighter Gathering, “An Evening of Awesome.”
What’d we do? So glad you asked!
- Pizza, because after all, the answer is always pizza.
- Charms of John’s books & Hank’s CDs (print out 1″ images, cut out, glue onto folded paper for the “cover”, then staple 4-5 pages inside. Punch a small hole & loop a jump ring through – voila! Super easy & cheap craft your teens will spend HOURS making. It’s a great “merit badge” for book clubs, too.)
- “Okay” bracelets with TFIOS book charms
- DFTBA bracelets & keychains (you can get specific letters at most craft stores)
- Stamped pennies (usually with names & DFTBA)
- Viewing of the “official” Evening of Awesome (freely available on YouTube!)
- General nerdiness: giant Jenga & Star Trek Monopoly