Why finally? Because my teens have into this series for far longer than they’ve been into Hunger Games. They are so, so excited! I know a lot of you are probably working on movie premiere parties, as I am, so I thought I’d share what I’m planning now!
In case you hadn’t heard yet, the movie was moved to a Wednesday release, so now it’s premiering on August 21st. I always have my programs before the movie to lessen the chance of spoilers, so if you have the same concerns, take action now!
- Inspired by these pewter steles, we’ll be making similar ones out of polymer clay. All you have to do is completely coat the plastic, remove the ink before you bake, & you’re good to go!
- Henna tattoos of the runes, with official designs available at Cassandra Clare’s site. I’m going to get some temporary tattoo pens as well, for those wary of the henna.
- Tarot card readings
- Book prizes
- Soundtrack listening party, sprinkled in with the trailers, as we always do.
- Jeopardy-style trivia (traditional at all our programs)
- Food… honestly, I don’t know. I usually try to tie the food into the story somehow (we had wedding cake for the first Breaking Dawn movie, trail mix & other wilderness-type food for Hunger Games, etc), but so far, I haven’t really found any particular food that’s in the series, other than Jace’s fondness for tea. Anyone have any ideas?
So that’s what we’re planning! What are you doing at your library?
One thought on “City of Bones (FINALLY!)”
Hey- I am being blessed by some “City of Bones” swag. I will need a way to distribute it to my teens, Do you have a trivia quiz or something I could use as a passive program?